Term 4 Learning
Welcome to Term 4!
We have another exciting term ahead.
In Intgrated, our Big Idea that we are looking at is 'What makes us Australian and how do we fit into the world around us?'
We are looking forward to another wonderful term working with your children.
Religious Education Units
How/Where do we find Hope?
- The Christian perspective on finding hope when we feel hopeless
- Through the season of advent, exploring the story of Jesus’ birth as the hope for the world.
- Solidarity - how to help others find hope. What does it mean to “stand beside” someone?
By the end of Level 4, students working at standard will be able to:
- Link how christian perspectives, practices and relationship with God can enrich our lives with hope.
- Understand how making loving choices and standing in solidarity with others nurtures right relationships.
What will Grade 3/4 be learning in Numeracy this term?
- I can show ½, ¼. ⅓ and ⅕ of a collection.
- I can show ½, ¼. ⅓ and ⅕ on a number line.
- I can locate ½, ¼, ⅓ and ⅕ of a shape.
- I can solve word problems which involve unit fractions.
Fractions and Decimals
- I can make a fraction wall to show halves, quarters, eighths, thirds, sixths, fifths and tenths.
- I can use my fraction wall to find equivalent fractions
- I can locate quarters on a number line.
- I can locate halves on a number line.
- I can locate thirds on a number line.
- I can convert mixed numbers to improper fractions and vice versa
- I can read decimal fractions to tenths
- I can write decimal fractions to tenths
- I can represent decimal fractions to tenths
- I can read decimal fractions to hundredths
- I can write decimal fractions to hundredths
- I can represent decimal fractions to hundredths
- I can make connections between fractions and decimal notations
We will be reviewing previously covered content this term as well.
What makes us Australian and how do we fit into the world around us?
We are learning about:
- The states and territories in Australia
- Australia’s major natural and human landmarks
- Comparing different places within Australia
- Australia’s neighbouring countries
- Africa and South America in relation to Australia
Patterns to be covered
- a in baby
- ch in chef
- ou in famous
- a in ant
- y in pyramid
- u making ‘y’ and ‘oo’
Reading Groups Comprehension skills
- Character traits
- Identifying the main idea
- Identify the point of view
- Fact vs opinion
- Compare and contrast
- Information Reports
- Story Grammar Marker
Paper folding techniques
Oil pastel, water colour and salt painting techniques
Alternative paint application using a variety of tools including your fingers!