Term 4 Learning
Welcome to Term 4!
We are looking forward to a wonderful final term of Grade 6 and Primary School together.
Religious Education Units
Core Catholic Social Teaching: Human Dignity
Spiritual Capability: Connecting with the Heart
CHURCH and TRADITION
Level Descriptor: The mission of the Church in the world is continued through the actions and ministry of the communion of saints, and people across time.
Discern the actions and ministry of people in the Church and others as reflective of Jesus' ministry on earth.
Identify how the actions and ministry of the communion of saints and others across time have continued the mission of the Church.
NUMBER AND ALGEBRA
Compare fractions with related denominators and locate and represent them on a number line
Solve problems involving addition and subtraction of fractions with the same or related denominators
Find a simple fraction of a quantity where the result is a whole number, with and without digital technologies
Make connections between equivalent fractions, decimals and percentages
Money and Financial Mathematics
Investigate and calculate percentage discounts of 10%, 25% and 50% on sale items, with and without digital technologies
MEASUREMENT AND GEOMETRY
Location and Transformation
Introduce the Cartesian coordinate system using all four quadrants.
STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY
Describe probabilities using fractions, decimals and percentages.
Integrated Inquiry Units
Concept: Does the majority rule in Australia?
- Discuss the values, principles and institutions that underpin Australia’s democratic forms of government and explain how this system is influenced by the Westminster system.
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the three levels of government, including shared roles and responsibilities within Australia's federal system.
- Identify and discuss the key features of the Australian electoral process.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of electors and representatives in Australia's democracy.
- Explain how state/territory and federal laws are initiated and passed through parliament.
Transitioning to high school.
Identifying concerns, queries and setting the scene for what to expect.
Reading and Viewing
Text structure and organisation
Understand how authors often innovate on text structures and play with language features to achieve particular aesthetic, humorous and persuasive purposes and effects
Interpreting, analysing, evaluating
Select, navigate and read increasingly complex texts for a range of purposes, applying appropriate text processing strategies to recall information and consolidate meaning
Expressing and developing ideas
Investigate how vocabulary choices, including evaluative language can express shades of meaning, feeling and opinion.
Phonics and Word Knowledge
Understand how to use banks of known words, word origins, base words, prefixes, suffixes, spelling patterns and generalisations to spell new words, including technical words and words adopted from other languages.
Create literary texts that adapt or combine aspects of texts students have experienced in innovative ways.
Speaking and Listening
Language for interaction
Understand that strategies for interaction become more complex and demanding as levels of formality and social distance increase.
Interacting with others
Participate in formal and informal debates and plan, rehearse and deliver presentations, selecting and sequencing appropriate content and multimodal elements for defined audiences and purposes, making appropriate choices for modality and emphasis.
Topic 5: Stress Management
Topic 6: Help Seeking
Relationships and Sexuality:
Theme 5: Taking Care Online and Off
PE: hockey, handball, team games
Music and Drama
- Identify the purpose of advertisements. Plan, script and create an advertisement for a new product.
- Debating a random topic to extend improvisational skills.
Our Art Show is Week 3 of this term!
We can't wait to share our art work with you!
- I can create texts such as descriptions and conversations to share ideas and experiences, using modelled language
- I can use the conjunctions karena and tetapi
- I can use fomulaic me- verbs (membaca, mendengarkan, menonton)